Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hockey in California


I was lucky enough to get to see the Hockey battle of LA:  The Aneheim Ducks take on the LA Kings.  Having been in both the Staples center and the Duck Pond (Now call Honda Center), I prefer the Duck Pond.  They set the seats steeply tiered so you are closer to the players.   This time I decided I wanted to be up close so I paid a little more to be one row back from glass, but since I was on a corner, I was essentially on the glass.  The action at that level is intense.  The corner is where you dump the puck and race in to dig it out.  There was plenty of on the glass checking.  This was actually a pretty intense game.  I was a little dissapointed in that Ryan Smith (94) of the Kings was out for an injury, but they did not need him, they beat the Ducks 4 to 3.  It nearly went overtime.  The Ducks were trailing 2 to 3 coming into the 3rd period and they put up some intensive play to score with about 4 min left.  However, the Kings drove back with about a minute left in the game to pull ahead by one.  There was actually a shot at the last second that I thought was going in to take us to overtime, but Johanthan Quick, the Kings goalie was hot--he stopped it.

Check out my photo stream:

Powered by Whrrl

No comments: